May 18, 2022
Product roadmap is LIVE!
We're excited to share with you SurrealDB's product roadmap ! You can now keep track of what we have planned for SurrealDB, and see the features and functionality which has already been implemented.
- In-memory storageIn-memory storage
- Distributed highly-available storage
- SurrealQL advanced query language
- Schemafull or schemaless
- Embedded fields with arrays and objects
- Multi-table, multi-row ACID transactions
- Table field definitions and constraints
- Fully-defined type system with datetimes, decimals, durations, and geometry types
- Graph and nested field expressions
- Embedded avascript functions
- Permissions, authentication and user scopes
- Support for 3rd party authentication
- REST API and WebSocket API
- Data import and export
- Command-line tool
- Support for amd64, arm64 on Linux and Darwin
Planned July 2022
The second development release of SurrealDB will add support for foreign table aggregate computed views, and foreign links between tables with support for cascading updates and delete restrictions. In addition highly-performant on-disk storage can be used, offering ACID transaction guarantees with multiple concurrent writers and readers, and efficient in-memory data storage.
- Single-node on-disk storage
- Pre-defined aggregate computed views
- Record link definitions and constraints
- Node.js + Python + Deno client libraries
Planned September 2022
If you have an idea for SurrealDB, then we would love to hear from you.